Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (#8)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog feature hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine which spotlights future releases that we are looking forward to. I think this may just be my favourite meme. I can't tell you how many new books have been added to my TBR pile because of it! :) I'm featuring two books again this week because I'm indecisive, as always. (Though I did contemplate spotlighting four).


Title: Nerve
Author: Jeanne Ryan
Publisher: Dial Books (Penguin)
Release Date: Sept 13, 2012
ADD ON GOODREADS
When Vee is picked to be a player in NERVE, an anonymous game of dares broadcast live online, she discovers that the game *knows* her. They tempt her with prizes taken from her ThisIsMe page and team her up with the perfect boy, sizzling-hot Ian. At first it’s exhilarating—Vee and Ian’s fans cheer them on to riskier dares with higher stakes. But the game takes a twisted turn. Suddenly they’re playing all or nothing, and the prize might be their lives. 


Title: The Suburban Strange
Author: Nathan Kotecki
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Release Date: Oct 02, 2012
ADD ON GOODREADS
Shy Celia Balaustine is befriended by a mysterious group of outliers called The Rosary at her new school, Suburban High. The Rosary exposes Celia to new experiences and ideas that help her break out of her shell. Soon though, Celia discovers something is not quite right at Suburban. Girls at the school begin having near fatal accidents on the eve of their sixteenth birthdays. Who is causing the accidents and why? Celia's own sixteenth birthday is fast approaching and she is inexorably drawn into an underground conflict between good and evil—the Kind and the Unkind—that is bubbling beneath Suburban High.  


I feel as though the synopsis for each book could do with a bit of work, but from what is there, I do genuinely like the sound of these. Nerve appeals to the nerdy side of me and The Suburban Strange appeals to the...er, other side of me. :D Plus I love the fact both books have stunning covers that are DIFFERENT to what we see all the time.  

So, what do you think? Do you like the sound of these? Leave me your thoughts and be sure to include a link to your WOW posts if you have done one. - And on a side note, I should probably let you know that I am away for all of Wednesday but promise to catch up on blog visits soon. :)

27 comments:

  1. Awesome choices!! Both covers look amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sound amazing! Great picks. September and October?! Lots of waiting to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These indeed look great and I've never even heard of them before.

    Tatiana (The Readventurer)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to Nerve! It reminds me of that Gamer movie. A really cool idea!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is my favourite meme too, Sam -- next to IMM, of course! ;) (Although that one usually isn't healthy for my blogger greenness LOL <3) It definitely makes your TBR pile shoot miles high every week haha. Nerve sounds like such an awesome original book, and Suburban Strange is just one of those books that you can't help but look at and wonder about! :) And both covers are so stunning!

    Amazing picks for your WOW this week, Sam! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need to start participating in this meme... maybe next week!

    I like both your picks and they both have great covers too! Thanks for introducing me to two new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great picks and I honestly have never heard of them! Thanks hun! Donna xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nerve sounds amazing, I added it right away. I am not so sure about The Suburban Strange. It looks incredibly good so I'll probably read it just because of cover lust, but the description doesn't sound like something I'd like. I guess we'll find out.
    Great post, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The covers are amazing! I'm more interested in The Suburban Strange though. Interesting story.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the first time I ever heard of theses books! The covers are amazing, especially the second.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, great picks! :D Seems like interesting books ;) And I hope you'll enjoy them both when they comes out :) <3 Also; the covers are gorgeous :D
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nerve looks awesome!! And the other too :P I haven't heard of them yet :P Pretty interesting stuff there Sam :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWESOME picks!! I am crazy excited for both. I love the covers for both of these, particularly The Suburban Strange. It looks INCREDIBLE and like you said, they're so different to what we usually see and I LOVE having unique cover art in my shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These both sound good. I haven't heard of The Suburban Strange. I like books that are centred around schools. I haven't grown tired of that yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, Nerve really appeals to me! I guess I'm just a geek in nerd! I love the idea of a game turns deadly, as we all love a certain deadly game! ;) The Suburban Strange looks amazing too. I mean, the cover is SO beautiful! I agree, both covers are different than usual cover and it adds more to their awesomeness! x)

    Amazing picks, Sam! I love this meme too even though I don't participate in. It's always fun to see amazing upcoming books!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. The covers are gorgeous! I also love blurbs which only give you bits and pieces and you're kind of left hanging around wanting more! These books exactly make me feel like that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The blurbs like you say Sam, do need a bit of work, they don't tell me enough, With that said, they sound different and I love the cover of the second book. I will be on the lookout for this. Happy Wednesday Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These both sound cool! I've heard about Nerve and totally can't wait for it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooo I haven't heard of any of these before, I'm so out of the loop! I love finding new books to add to the list though, it just makes me happy:) And these both sound different and super interesting. Thanks so much Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Nerve looks so good o.o Kind of like The Hunger Games, maybe? The whole survival/reality show thing reminds me of it '-'
    Never heard of The Suburban Strange. Adding them both to my TBR. Thanks for putting those in my radar, Sam *o*

    Here's my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. YESSS. :D Love, love, love the sound of these two. Just heard about Nerve last week, and I'm already glaring at its release date. Didn't even know about The Suburban Strange, but I automatically added that to my TBR. These both sound so fantastic, creepy and awesome and different, and I cannot wait for them to release. Also, I agree; both of their covers are positively gorgeous, but not the typical fanfare.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't heard of any of these before ,Nerve looks so good!!
    Great picks Sam
    <3
    Gabby ~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nerve looks bizarre and very intriguing, HOWEVER, it's Suburban Strange that has captured my interest. I'm dying to dig into that one.

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nerve and Suburban Strange seem like fascinating books. I added them both to my tbr pile. Nerve seems like it has the potential to be an AMAZING book with lots of action and tension if done right, but also has the capability to fall flat. *crosses fingers* I hope it's the first option. :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've seen Suburban Strange before, and it sounds AMAZING, but Nerve? Uh... WOW! What Ahser said: bizarre and very intriguing. SO want to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I always find the coolest new books from your WOW post. Off to check both of those out!

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great choices, I will be on the lookout for both, they sound amazing. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete