Cover Reveal: Pretty Amy by Lisa Burstein

Yes, another Entangled cover reveal! Pretty Amy, Lisa Burstein's debut contemporary novel, will be released by Entangled Publishing on May 15th. Here it is:


Amy is fine living in the shadows of beautiful Lila and uber-cool Cassie, because at least she’s somewhat beautiful and uber-cool by association. But when their dates stand them up for prom, and the girls take matters into their own hands—earning them a night in jail outfitted in satin, stilettos, and Spanx—Amy discovers even a prom spent in handcuffs might be better than the humiliating “rehabilitation techniques” now filling up her summer. Worse, with Lila and Cassie parentally banned, Amy feels like she has nothing—like she is nothing. 

Navigating unlikely alliances with her new coworker, two very different boys, and possibly even her parents, Amy struggles to decide if it’s worth being a best friend when it makes you a public enemy. Bringing readers along on an often hilarious and heartwarming journey, Amy finds that maybe getting a life only happens once you think your life is over.




13 comments:

  1. Bloody hell!! All these gorgeous dresses on all these covers, I feel like my clothes are rubbish. Fuck :/ hihi. Great cover! I love it :) :) Thanks for sharing this Sam :) <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty cover, normally I'm not a fan of girls in ball gowns on covers but this is different and it's contemporary - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this finally has a cover! How pretty! And that's such a gorgeous dress. Though the setting makes me wonder all the more about the premise than the summary does. I like how covers tell interesting stories.

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love it, very pretty. Thanks for sharing, Sam :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love this cover, and the book is just as amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me slightly of Shirley Marr's new cover, although hers is just a little bit cooler. Anyway, the book sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm seeing this one all over the place lately, it sounds like it's going to be a fun read! And I love how the cover really seems to suit the book (at least based on the synopsis), sometimes YA covers are just pretty but they don't necessarily seem related to what the story is actually about:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the cover so much fun, the book sounds like an entertaining read as well, I will be on the look out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read the excerpt! Maybe I should, but it's so far away! I love all things contemporary as you already know and can't wait for this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this cover. Are you interested in this, Sam? Contemporary didn't seem to suit you with the Vincent Brothers. This sounds right up my alley though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contemporary is pretty hit and miss with me, but I like the sound of this, plus I enjoyed the teaser. ;) Hopefully it will be a good one for me!

      Delete
  11. I still haven't read any contemporary novels (A) And I probably won't like this one.. BUT, it does have a gorgeous cover! :D Really like that one :) Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every time I see more of this cover, I think it's even more eye-catching! I just love the whole "girl in a prom dress in a jail cell" sort of theme -- the contrast works PERFECTLY together! And the synopsis also makes it sound like a really sweet contemporary, added to the fact that Entangled is publishing this which makes me even more excited to read it!

    Thanks so much for sharing, Sam! :) <3

    ReplyDelete