Thursday, 19 April 2012

Book Extract: Slated by Teri Terry (#2)

I have the second extract from Slated to share with you all today. If you missed the first and would like to read the opening chapters before proceeding, click here. Today we have chapter 3, carrying straight on from the last extract. And remember, on the final day of the extracts, there is a chance to win a copy of this book!

Title: Slated
Author: Teri Terry
Publisher: Orchard Books
Release Date: May 03, 2012
Add: Goodreads  
Kyla's memory has been erased, her personality wiped blank, her memories lost forever. 

She's been Slated. 


The government claims she was a terrorist, and that they are giving her a second chance - as long as she plays by their rules. But echoes of the past whisper in Kyla's mind. Someone is lying to her, and nothing is as it seems. Who can she trust in her search for the truth?
 

EXTRACT (#2)

Shared by the permission of Hachette Children's Books. Copyright protected.

I hope you all enjoyed reading that chapter. Leave me your thoughts and be sure to keep an eye out for the next extract on April 26th. The final extract with the giveaway is scheduled for May 3rd. :)

16 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for the amazing excerpt, Sam!! ♥ I don't think that I can be even more excited to read this book, but you manage to raise my excitement level a notch higher! x) Oh my, this book just seems to get even more amazing! Can't May come sooner? x)

    Thanks for sharing, Sam! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This book actually seems really, really good. Thank you for sharing it ♥ I'm definitely excited to read it.
    - Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already know this will go straight to my list of favorites. That last extract was incredibly exciting, and this really just served to convince me that I need to preorder a copy right away. So that's what I'll do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeeeeeeee! I'm SOOO EXCITED for the release of this book! I'm heard such amazing things about it, and all these excerpts are making me so desperate to read it now!! Thank you for sharing this Sam!! I really can't wait to read the rest of the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good so far! I'm getting quite excited for this one. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh these excerpts get more and more interesting! There's so many unanswered questions! I like it! Can't wait for the other excerpt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that we're getting all these snippets! It's such a great way to get people excited about the book I think. Tease us with the goodness and then make us wait. And then tease us again:) Thanks for posting this Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These excerpts are defnitely making me want more of the story the whole amnesia thing and all is so exciting. Looking forward to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Upside of these chapter excerpts: This book sounds SO SO SO good, and these are making me even more excited to read this book than ever! :D Downside of these chapter excerpts: It's like reading a mini-cliffhanger every time because I really want to know what's going to happen next!! x)

    I honestly can't wait to read this book, Sam! Things are already starting to go at super-speed and it's only on the third chapter of the book -- I can't imagine what the rest of it will be like then too! Thanks so much for sharing :) You can bet I'll be waiting for the next chapters soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time you share one of these excerpts, I become THAT MUCH more excited for this book. Honestly, at this point, I'm tempted to just stake out at B&N on May 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO EXCITED TO READ THIS BOOK, Sam! I love the cover and this excerpt makes me dying to read it!

    Thank you for sharing this excerpt with us, Sam! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, oh my... I love the cover and I can't wait to read this book, it sounds amazing.
    Thanks for the excerpt :D
    Happy midnight reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds exciting, I am so excited for this book. Thanks for sharing these excerpt's with us, Sam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you're able to share these excerpts with us and it's a great reminder about this book too, not that I could forget that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the sounds of this book and it keeps popping up everywhere ! :) The cover is super creepy too I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Thank you for sharing :D Although I am still not reading any of it (A) Waiting for it to arrive in my mailbox. <3 Because Slated sounds like an amazing book and I cannot wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete