Waiting on Wednesday (#6)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog feature hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine which spotlights future releases that we are looking forward to. I am featuring two books this week:


Title: The Unquiet
Author: Jeannine Garsee
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Expected Release Date: July 17, 2012

Sixteen-year-old Rinn Jacobs has secrets: One, she’s bipolar. Two, she killed her grandmother. 

After a suicide attempt, and now her parents' separation, Rinn and her mom move from California to the rural Ohio town where her mother grew up. Back on her medications (again!) and hoping to stay well, Rinn settles into her new home and school. She refuses to be daunted by the fact that the previous owner hanged herself in Rinn's bedroom, or that her classmates believe the school pool is haunted by Annaliese, a girl who drowned there. But when a reckless séance goes awry, and terrible things start happening to her new friends—yet not to her—Rinn is determined to find out why she can’t be "touched" by Annaliese...or if Annaliese even exists. 

With the help of Nate Brenner, the hunky “farmer boy” she’s rapidly falling for, Rinn devises a dangerous plan to uncover the truth. Soon reality and fantasy meld into one, till Rinn finds it nearly impossible to tell the difference. When a malevolent force threatens the lives of everyone she cares about--not to mention her own--she can't help wondering: who should she really be afraid of? Annaliese? Or herself?


Title: Spectral
Author: Shannon Duffy
Publisher: Tribute Books
Expected Release Date: April 10, 2012

Convinced she’s a part of the witness protection program, sixteen-year-old Jewel Rose is shuffled around the globe with her family like a pack of traveling gypsies. After arriving at lucky home twenty-seven, she stumbles upon a mysterious boy with magical powers claiming to be her guardian . . . and warning of imminent danger. Despite the obvious sparks between them, Jewel discovers a relationship is forbidden, and the more she learns about dark, brooding Roman, she begins to question who she can even believe—the family who raised her, or the supposed sworn protector who claims they’ve been lying to her all along. 

As she struggles to uncover who her family has really been running from, she is forced to hide her birthmark that reveals who she is. With new realities surfacing, unexplained powers appearing, and two tempting boys vying for her heart, Jewel battles to learn who she can trust in an ever growing sea of lies, hoping she’ll make it through her seventeenth birthday alive.



I don't know which I like the sound of more, but both books are high up on my 'want' list! The Unquiet sounds like it could potentially be a very gripping read. I love the premise for that book and simply adore the eerie cover. Aren't all under-water covers just stunning? Spectral is a book I discovered a couple of weeks ago, and I am sort of in love with the description. Apart from the word 'brooding', which I have a strange hatred towards, I am a sucker for a forbidden romance and this sounds like something I should enjoy. I am eagerly anticipating the release of both! :)

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?


25 comments:

  1. Great picks. I've had my eye on both of these. Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the premise in The Unquiet! The cover is awesome, I agree that every underwater cover is beautiful! Looks like it would be another intense read. It seems like a thrilling kind which is awesome! <3 I've never seen Spectral before, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't even heard of either, but I put them both on my TBR list!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great picks!! Both sound amazing!!

    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday!!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-31-story-of-us.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen the Unquiet around and it sounds really unique. Bipolar and killer her grandma, that will be crazy. The other one is new to me but sounds interesting and I like a forbidden romance too.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of either of them but The Unquiet is definitely going on my to-read list! Thanks, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They both sound really good Sam, I hadn't heard of either of them. Have added them to my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these covers. Mostly that The Unquiet. That title is awesome, too. :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Unquiet looks awesome! I'm a little concerned it will portray mental illness as very dangerous but the premise is intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg I can't wait for this either it was my Wow a few weeks ago and it can't come soon enough!!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both books sound so interesting -- mental illness and forbidden romance? Now we're talking ;D Will add them to my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I haven't heard about these two YET! :) They seem both very interesting :) Thanks for sharing Sam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really looking forward to both of these, particularly the first one--such an awesome concept! Nice picks, Miss Sam. :)

    ***

    Australian YA author Rebecca shares her favorite romantic book scene at The Midnight Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow..the first sounds like quite the read. Yes agreed..the cover is fascinating. The second book the cover is gorgeous, love the buttferfly. Witness Protection Program? Interesting to say the least. Great picks Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, both books sound awesome! :D And oh. They both have gorgeous covers. <3 Although I really, really like the cover of Unquiet :) Great picks :D And I hope you will love them both when they comes out ;)
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Unquiet was mine a couple of weeks ago I can't wait for it to be released!
    My W.O.W

    Gabby~

    ReplyDelete
  17. You and me both on THE UNQUIET Sam, I can't wait for that one! That cover is stunning as well, I just want it now so I can put it on my shelf and stare at it. Spectral is new to me but sounds like it might be right up my alley. Awesome picks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really wished that Unquiet was a mystery/contemporary thriller. We do not have enough of those nowadays! but i think it has a bit of paranormal in it?

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great picks! It´s the first time that I heard of them. Unquiet sounds interesting and I like the cover.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the cover of The Unquiet. :P Never heard of Spectral, but I shall go add it to my goodreads now *goes off*

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! Both of those covers are GORGEOUS! I love all underwater covers too -- like Mara Dyer and Imaginary Girls -- because they're incredibly creative, and I'm a sucker for forbidden romances too! :)

    Amazing picks for your WOW, Sam! Now you've got me extremely excited to read both The Unquiet and Spectral too LOL. My TBR pile never stops growing because of your blog -- it's endless and I love it! <3 x)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great picks, Sam! Both books sounds amazing, especially The Unquiet!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh I love the cover for The Unquiet. It sounds pretty dark & spooky. Is Spectral going to be a stand-alone? Sounds like a trilogy in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both amazing picks, I am waiting on both. I love the covers too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. The unquiet looks good..amazing covers on both

    ReplyDelete