The Storyteller Blog Tour: Tour Stop + Book Excerpt

I am thrilled to be a part of The Storyteller blog tour and have a great excerpt from the book to share with you all today. I absolutely adored this book and hope many more people decide to pick it up and read it. If you haven't yet read my 5-star review of The Storyteller you can do so here. But FIRST, here is a little more about the book and your free extract!

Title: The Storyteller
Author: Antonia Michaelis
Publisher: Amulet Books
Published: Jan 1st, 2012

Description: A good girl. A bad boy. A fairy tale that's true. A truth that is no fairy tale.

Anna is fascinated by Abel, the moody school drug dealer with the military haircut and deep blue eyes. One day she discovers a secret: Abel is caring for his six-year-old sister, Micha, alone. Despite friends' warnings, Anna is drawn to Abel and Micha, and is under the spell of the fairy tale that he tells his sister about a little orphan queen, who is pursued by hunters for the treasure she carries: her diamond heart. 
It's a story with parallels to reality. Social services and Micha's abusive father could take her from Abel if they discover the truth about their situation. But when people Abel has woven into his story turn up dead, it's Anna whose heart is in danger. Is she in love with a killer?


BOOK EXCERPT: At First Chapter Extract


Shared via the permission of the publisher. Copyright protected.


It wasn't until the end of the book I actually understood what was happening in this scene. But it is absolutely PERFECT. This book is so worth every penny and I couldn't recommend it more. Stop by 
Wondrous Reads tomorrow, where the Jenny will be sharing (I think) the book trailer. Here is the schedule:

Feb 14 - Wondrous Reads

Feb 15 - Writing from the Tub
Feb 16 - Dog Ear Discs
Feb 17 - Readaraptor
Feb 20 - Sister Spooky
Feb 21 - Ink Scratchers
Feb 22 - I Want To Read That
Feb 23 - District YA
Feb 24 - Serendipity Reviews

Also check out the publishers TWITTER and FACEBOOK pages as they are giving away signed copies of the book during the tour. 

So what do you think of the extract/book? Leave me your thoughts in the comments! :)

24 comments:

  1. This sounds like a very though provoking and exciting read(: Thanks for the excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely thought-provoking. I hope you'll pick it up soon! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh good. That scene will be understood at some point. I read it and was confused. We'll see what happens. I am really liking the book so far though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was confused by that scene, too. And although it isn't explicitly explained at any point during the book, you can work it out once you've reached the end.

      I'm so glad you're liking it so far! I can't wait to hear what you think of it overall. :)

      Delete
  3. Ohhh, I was pretty sure I wanted to read this ever since I read your review, but that excerp is SO right up my alley, I want it now now now. :)
    It sounds wonderful, absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for you to read it, Maja. I think it might be something you would really appreciate. :)

      Delete
  4. I really want to read this one Sam. The writing from the excerpt is so descriptive. It sounds like an amazing book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing book, Heidi! :D I think so anyway. I really hope you will get round to reading it soon. I would love to hear what you think of it. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, that's kind of an intense excerpt, I love it! This book is new to me which is super exciting, I love finding new books to add to my ridiculously long wish list:) I'm definitely intrigued now, thanks Sam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole book is pretty intense, but the writing isn't quite as broken up in the rest of the book as it is there. Though it is just as amazing. Discovering new books is the best. I hadn't even heard of this until I read it but I loved it. :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing the first chapter, I think I'm going to order this now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. :) Thanks for stopping by! I hope you do order it. ;)

      Delete
  7. omg omg omg/ yes dudette loving it/ reminds me of shiver in a freaky way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! :D I hope you'll check it out, Roro. I think you would love this one. :)

      Delete
  8. Ooh I've seen this one around lately and I read about it a bit when I put it in my new release post in January. It sounds really good and this excerpt has me SO intrigued!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only discovered it at the beginning of this year, but I'm so glad I did! I'm glad the excerpt has interested you. I can't wait for you to read it, Giselle! :)

      Delete
  9. So intriguing, I actually hadn't heard of this one before so thanks for sharing Sam. I am away to add it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Carly! I hope you'll pick it up soon. It's definitely worth the read and I'm thrilled you know about it now. :)

      Delete
  10. WOW that excerpt sounds FANTASTIC! I might just buy this book from TBD on my next purchase!!
    great post, I'm really excited for this book now!

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy it! Buy it! :D LOL, I think you might like this one, Juhina, but it is a dark story, which is quite different to the light contemps you usually read. Still, it's different and I can't wait for you to pick it up! :)

      Delete
  11. Way to get me intrigued, Sam! Wow, what an excerpt. The visual of red blood against snow is too much to resist. Off to check out your review!

    Wendy ♥ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. I love that visual, too. I hope you'll add this to your TBR! :)

      Delete
  12. OH MY GOSH. For such a short scene, it was just so powerful! The way it was written feels poetic but not at the same time, and I LOVE it. I've been reading a lot of books with writing that's more than words lately, and this seems like the perfect book to add to my list!

    Thank you so much for sharing this with us, Sam! <3 This is one of those books that I never would've found before but now I'm so intrigued that I can't wait to read it! :) And I'd be lying if I said that cover wasn't gorgeous too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh. This do sounds like an awesome book :D Although I fear I may have trouble reading it :\ See, I have gotten really obsessed with good writing these days. And this seems a little confusing. But then, it might not be :D So I might check this one out one day :) I am glad that you loved it so much, though :D
    <3

    ReplyDelete