Sunday, 19 February 2012

In My Mailbox (#9)

Edit: If you're wondering where my last post went, I decided to take it down as Hilda managed to sort out the problem. I'm so happy for her! You should all head over and follow her anyway as she is a great blogger. :)

IMM is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where bloggers share the books they have received with other readers. Apologies for not linking anything up (I am feeling particularly lazy this week). Here is what I got

Won/Gifted/Other

The Forever Girl by Rebecca Hamilton
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
20 Years Later by E. J. Newman

Thank you to Rebecca Hamilton for gifting me a copy of her book and E. J. Newman for the prize. A huge thanks to my sister for loaning me her copy of Beautiful Disaster. I have heard so many mixed thoughts about that book (and its characters) that I'm very intrigued now to find out what I will make of it. Hopefully I will enjoy it! :)

For Review

The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long (via NetGalley)
Oppression by Jessica Therrien
Heaven by Christophe Marzi
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (via NetGalley)
Welcome Caller, This is Chloe by Shelley Coriell

Welcome Caller, This is Chloe really isn't my usual type of read but it looks hilarious. I'm hoping it will be the perfect light read to break up some of the other books on my list. I'm also very much looking forward to The Treachery of Beautiful Things. It sounds wonderful and I really do hope it lives up to my expectations. Oppression is another I am crossing my fingers for. The description for that book is what drew me to it in the first place (and not the cover for a change! - which is stunning), so I'm eager to get started on it soon. A huge thank you to the publishers, NetGalley, and Jessica Therrien for the review copies. 

Freebies

The Willows Haven by Hope Collier
Bound by Kira Saito
Awakening by Karice Bolton
Coexist by Julia Crane

As you can see I have broken my freebies ban. That really didn't take very long. They all have such gorgeous covers though and I couldn't help myself. I am especially looking forward to getting round to Coexist as I don't think I have ever read a book solely about elves before. It'll be nice to try something different. 

And that's my book load for the week. It's nearly all fantasy...which, I guess, is normal for me. But anyway, I am planning to go on a book shopping trip in a few days (it's probably about time I made use of the gift-cards I received for Christmas) so who knows what will end up in my post next time... What did you get in your mailbox this week? Let me know if you have read any of these books! 

32 comments:

  1. So many awesome books this week! I also got a lot of those freebies! Shadow and Bone looks AMAZING!! I really want to read Beautiful Disaster. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord, Sam. You keep getting so many intriguing books! You are going to have to give up sleep to keep up, haha! I've only read Beautiful Disaster from this haul and as you know, I loved it. Some of these covers are amazing, love: The Treachery of Beautiful Things cover.

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing IMM, Hope you enjoy all your books. Heaven looks so good


    IMM @ Totally Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arggg!!! I'm dying for Beautiful Disasters! Great haul, btw. Looking forward to your reviews:)

    Drop by my IMM?
    http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGGGGG. I'M SOOOO JEALOUS OF YOUR MAILBOX!!!!! I'm dying to read Heaven & Shadow and Bone! Wow...they seriously sound FANTASTIC<3 Oppression sounds amazing as well :DDD
    ENJOY! <3
    Here’s My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Disaster is AMAZING. I really hope you love it like I did. You have such a busy week and I haven't seen some of these. Great haul this week and happy reading!
    You can check out my IMM here.
    [:
    ShawnaLeAnn
    Dreaming In The Pages Enter My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Beautiful Disaster! I also got The Treachery of Beautiful Things and I am really excited except...it isn't out for awhile so I need to read all my March release books next :-( I wish I could read faster!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh i read coexist! you might like it :D. Also I won beautiful disaster a long time ago and i still haven't gotten around to it =(. Welcome caller DOES look like a cute light read right?

    GREAT IMM!! :D

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm curious about what you'll think of beautiful disaster! i personally didn't like it.. at all.. but apparently a lot of people did! i also got the willow haven :D great haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Treachery of Beautiful Things is such a beautiful cover! Great reads this week, enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to read 20 Years Later. I want to others too, but mostly that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really hope you're going to enjoy Beautiful Disaster. I just read it and I could start all over again!
    Have fun with all your readings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Haul this week. I already added A Willows Haven because of you and I really want to read The Treachery of Beautiful Things too! I can't say I blame you for getting all those freebies! I would totally do the same! LOL!

    I hope you enjoy all the books you got, Sam. They look absolutely wonderful :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE YOUR IMM Sam! I hope you enjoy every single books you got and happy reading! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing IMM this week, Sam. I have 20 years later, but would love them all lol :) Hope you enjoy -Carly :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sam! I hate to inform you this, but Blogger delete my blog. This is false accusation of spam and I don’t know how they come to see my blog as spam blog. Please be so kind to check out my new blog: http://shereadsanddrinkstea.blogspot.com. I have requested for review of my blog to Google team. I’m hoping to get my blog restored ASAP, but I haven’t read anyone telling me that their blog has been restored.

    I’m still working on design of my new blog and reposting my reviews from Goodreads. This is a hurtful situation for me so I’m asking for all your support. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great IMM Sam. I can't wait to read Beautiful Disaster and Coexist sounds really good. I've added it to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, you got some fantastic books this week, Sam. Heaven looks really interesting, so I'll have to check that one out.:) I LOVE the look of Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe too- I hope it'll be great and I look forward to seeing what you think of it!

    Stephanie
    My Latest Post | My Int Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome mailbox! :D Beautiful Disaster seems like an awesome book :) But it is a bit too expensive on book depo for me to get it :p I also got The Treachery of Beautiful Things which I started today. Only got to 30 something pages before I gave up :p Reminds me too much of The Iron Fey.. but without the awesome writing :p But, I could still be an amazing book :D Might try some more of it later ;p And oh. I keep forgetting to post the ebooks that I get (A) You have gotten lots of awesome books though :D And I really hope you enjoy them all :) <3
    Thank you for commenting on my mailbox. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  20. Coexist was a nice book, I haven't read the others but I hope you'll enjoy them all.

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, the freebies' covers are absolutely stunning, love them! I do hope the contents are just as amazing. ;)

    The Treachery of Beautiful Things looks promising as well (and cover, cover... I'm such a sucker for pretty things), might add it to my wishlist. :)

    My IMM is here. <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome books, Sam! <3 I have The Treachery of Beautiful Things on my TBR pile, but apart from this and Welcome Caller, This is Chloe, I haven't heard of any of these books.
    I need to read Coexist. Seriously, I LOVE elves (Legolas <3 <3 <3).... Can't believe I haven't heard of this book!
    Hope you enjoy them all! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Eee, I am SO exciting about Shadow & Bone. I heard that fans of Maria V Snyder's Study series will love it and I ADORE the Study series! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Sam!! I am so happy that you finally got Beautiful Disaster!! :) <3 <3 I really really hope you'll like it!! I loved it!! :) <3 <3 When you finish it I want you to tell me everything you think about it!! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire!! Sam you lucky person! and the covers for the freebies are beautiful! <3
    Great IMM box!

    gabby :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great haul Sam I'm curious to see what you make of some of these. The Forever Girl sounds really good. I didn't enjoy Bound and The Willows much though so I hope you like them better. And Awakening's new cover is so perty! <3

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  27. So many good books! I am looking forward to Beautiful Disaster just to see what all the fuss has been about!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ahhhh. You got Shadow and Bones?!?! I can't wait to read that book. Wonderful haul.

    Enjoy and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome week hun. I hope you enjoy Beautiful Disaster! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. So the trend for covers is definitely girl with beautiful designer's dress. MUST get one too
    Nice IMM!

    Lisa O. @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, I'm dying to read Treachery of Beautiful things, Sam. And I hadn't heard of Heaven or Oppression, so thanks for the heads up! PS, I always love your layout for these posts, they're always so pretty to ooh and ahh over. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete