Waiting on Wednesday (#4)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog feature started by Jill at Breaking The Spine which spotlights future releases that we are looking forward to. I am featuring two books again as I couldn't pick just one!


Title: Onyx (Lux, #2)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Release Date: May 15, 2012

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks… 

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems. 

Something worse than the Arum has come to town. 

The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard. 

But then everything changes… 

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me? 

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Add Onyx on Goodreads!

Obsidian was one of my favorite books from 2011, so I am super excited to read this sequel. Plus, I want more Daemon! ;)



Title: The Unnaturalists
Author: Tiffany Trent
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date: Aug 14, 2012

In an alternate London where magical creatures are preserved in a museum, two teens find themselves caught in a web of intrigue, deception, and danger. 

Vespa Nyx wants nothing more than to spend the rest of her life cataloging Unnatural creatures in her father’s museum, but as she gets older, the requirement to become a lady and find a husband is looming large. Syrus Reed’s Tinker family has always served and revered the Unnaturals from afar, but when his family is captured to be refinery slaves, he finds that his fate may be bound up with Vespa’s—and with the Unnaturals. 

As the danger grows, Vespa and Syrus find themselves in a tightening web of deception and intrigue. At stake may be the fate of New London—and the world.


Add The Unnaturalists on Goodreads!

This sounds like a great new addition to the steampunk genre, plus I
love that cover. I can't wait to get my hands on this book!

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?
 

22 comments:

  1. Great choices!! Both books sound awesome!!

    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday!!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-28-between-lines.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, The Unnaturalists looks interesting, I will add it on Goodreads!

    I'm waiting on people to return books to the library so I can finally borrow them! ;)

    Mands

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo i so agree with onyx!!!!!! did you know that her editor was posting teasers all day yesterday on twitter!!! just made me want this book more!!! oh daemon!!!!

    Tara and her giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw them! They were great teasers! :D

      Delete
  4. Yes the sequel to Obsidian, can't say I am a fan of the cover. The Steampunk though has a gorgeous cover, definitely curious about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i STILL didn't read obsidian!! hoping this will change during the vacation!! so many books to read.
    great pick!


    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks :D I have not read Obsidian yet (A) But I have ordered the author's other books :D Hih (A)
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the first one sounds good... in story, at least. But I don't like the writing style so much, so I don't know....

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Unnaturalists has an intriguing plot! I haven't read the first book in the Lux series yet but it sounds like a good series to start looking in to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for Onyx! I'd never heard of the Unnaturalists, but it sounds interesting. Adding to my Goodreads list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for The Unnaturalists!
    Our WoW is at Book Sake. -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Sam! We both have Armentrout's book in our WoW! I need more Daemon and Katy! Can't wait for Onyx! :DD

    ReplyDelete
  12. *whimpers* Daemon . . . I already miss him :( I'm dying for Onyx. Like, you have no idea how badly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES YES YES YES YES times a million to Onyx!!! Oh my gosh, Daemon Black = LOVE! Obsidian was one of my favourites of 2011 too (because do you know any other book that could combine a kick-butt book blogger & aliens that well?? LOL!), and I can't wait for book 2! Plus, I ADORE steam punk so I'm really intrigued by The Unnaturalists! :)

    Amazing picks for your WOW, this week, Sam!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two books I'm going to have to read! Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-7-brave-new-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sad to admit that I haven't read any books by Jennifer L. Armentrout! Pretty sure I got Half-Blood but I haven't read it! This cover is absolutely gorgeous. I love the models!!! I definitely need to read Obsidian before this book comes out!! Great pick, Sam!

    Celine @ Forget-me-not

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeek! Both of these I'm highly anticipated! SO excited!! :D

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait for Onyx!!! I loved Obsidian. The Unnaturalist sounds good too! Great pick!
    Em
    My WoW post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  18. "The Unnaturalist" cover sure looks intriguing and I've just discovered steampunk so I'll be adding this one in my TBR list. :d

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alternate London? I'm in. Looks like a really cool book.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah! Onyx! I haven't even read Obsidian yet, so I definitely need too really soon!

    The Unnaturalists sounds awesome! I love books that are set in London and then there's an addition of magical creatures! That's just epic!

    Love your picks :]

    ReplyDelete
  21. I too am anxiously awaiting Onyx. I loved Obsidian.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete